Monday, July 30, 2012

Lush Mini Haul - Herbalism, Cupcake Mask, etc.


I went to the Lush store at Universal City Walk this past Friday.  The store was pretty busy.  I found the salespeople to be very helpful although at times they can be a little overbearing about wanting you to try everything.  For reference, I have normal/combination skin, occasional mild acne and I'm in my 30s.  I ended up taking home the items above:

  1. Herbalism Cleanser - I originally wanted to get the Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser but the salesgirl advised me to get Herbalism since it's summer and my t-zone tends to get oily in the summer.  She told me to save the Angels Cleanser for the winter since it is more moisturizing.  I also asked about Dark Angels since it has charcoal but I was advised that it is recommended for people with oily skin who are prone to breakouts.  Herbalism expires in 3 months.  The amount I purchased above is good for 1 month.
  2. Cupcake Mask - I wasn't sure which fresh face mask to get when I walked in.  I was thinking maybe Sacred Truth but based on my skin and the season, the salesgirl recommended Cupcake.  I was excited since I actually wanted to try this one but on the Lush website it's recommended for teenage skin.  A teenager I am not, that's for sure.  Smells like...cupcakes! This masks expires in 3 weeks or less.  It needs to be refrigerated.  
  3. Mint Julips Lip Scrub - They had 3 flavors to choose from:  Bubblegum, Mint Julips and Sweet Lips (chocolate).  I chose Mint Julips because I like mint and chocolate together.  The scrubbing granules in this are huge.  Smells delicious though!
  4. Honey Trap Lip Balm - Had read about this and wanted to try it.  Very moisturizing and smells yummy.
I will try to review my these items later, after using them for a while.  You can find Lush products here:  http://www.lush.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment