Saturday, August 4, 2012

BB Cream Review NC30: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly & Lioele Water Drop

L - R:  Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly #02, Lioele Water Drop & Lioele Silky Highlighter Touch

I've been using Lioele's Water Drop BB Cream and I really like it!  It's light and cooling on hot summer days.  I live in The Valley (of Los Angeles) and the temperature is almost unbearably warm in the summer.  Recently I purchased Holika Holika's Aqua Petit BB and wanted to compare the two, as well as Lioele's Silky Highlighter BB Touch.  For reference, I'm a MAC NC30, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand, and MUFE HD Foundation #118.  I have normal/combination skin with occasional mild acne.

Swatches:

L-R:  Holika Holika Aqua Petit #02, Lioele Water Drop & Lioele Silky Highlighter
Swatches swiped:

L-R:  Holika Holika Aqua Petit #02, Lioele Water Drop and Lioele Silky Highlighter

Texture:

Aqua Petit Jelly - lightest in texture, like jelly (hence the name), very easy to blend

Water Drop - light texture, cooling on the skin, water droplets form when you blend this into your skin, not as light as Aqua Petit Jelly

Silky Highlighter - light in texture, sheer, easy to blend

Coverage:

Aqua Petit Jelly - light to medium depending on how many layers you apply.  I need to use a separate concealer for blemishes or hyperpigmentation.

Water Drop - light to medium depending on how many layers you apply.  I need to use a separate concealer for blemishes or hyperpigmentation.

Silky Highlighter - not sure because I don't use this all over my face although I know some beauty bloggers do.  I think if you have NC20 skin or lighter, this would be fine to use as an all-over BB cream.

Shade/Color Match:

Aqua Petit Jelly - this matches my skin tone perfectly

Water Drop - this is almost a little bit too light at first but after it oxidizes, it blends in with my skin.  Near perfect match.

Silky Highlighter - perfect shade of highlighter for medium skin with yellowish undertones.  Subtle sheen.  Although it has some shimmer, it is not overly glittery and shiny.

Finish:

Aqua Petit Jelly - semi-matte photo finish

Water Drop - dewy

Silky Highlighter - subtle sheen


You can buy these BB creams here (I am not affiliated with this company):  Prettyandcute.com

Also, if you haven't seen it, here's a great youtube video (by a makeup artist) that will show you how to apply concealer/highlighter for that Kim Kardashian glow:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAtJkOk7PKE


No comments:

Post a Comment