Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top 5 Skincare Products


My skincare routine is always changing but these 5 items are staples in my bathroom:

  1. Cetaphil - I started using this in my 20s because I read in a magazine that dermatologists recommend it for sensitive/normal skin.  I tried the combination/oily skin version (because I have combination skin) and for some reason, it made me break out.  The original version cleans my face without stripping it of oils.  I've used other drugstore soaps such as Purpose, Neutrogena Deep Cleansing Gel, Biore, etc. and they always left my skin feeling a little bit tight afterwards.  
  2. ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream (Retinol) - I wanted to incorporate a retinol skincare product into my routine when I was in my 20s and I started with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream.  That made me break out.  I tried this ROC version and it works much better for me.  I also like Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5 Treatment but it's a little harder to find.
  3. Eucerin Everyday Protection SPF 30 - One of my best friends turned me on to this moisturizer.  I use it everyday, even if my foundation or BB Cream has SPF in it.  It doesn't leave a pasty white finish even though it offers good sun protection. 
  4. Origins Spot Remover - Sometimes I get milia around my eyes and the internet told me this helps prevent it.  I need to be more diligent about using this regularly though.
  5. Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream - A richer eye cream for the night.  I don't like crepey looking skin under the eyes so I do what I can to prevent that from happening.  Since this formula is creamy, I don't use it during the day under makeup.  I prefer something more sheer under makeup.
What are your top 5 skincare products?

No comments:

Post a Comment