Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion Light and Milky Lotion


L to R:  Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion Light and Milky Lotion
I became intrigued by Hada Labo products after I read that in Japan, one bottle of the lotion sells every 4 seconds.  The first time I went looking for it at a local Asian beauty supply store, I bought the wrong one. The original "lotion" is actually a liquid, sort of like a toner.  I bought the milky lotion instead.  I went back a few days later to get the liquid lotion in the light formula.

I do like the liquid lotion although to me it seems more like a toner.  Hyaluronic acid is supposed to deeply moisturize the skin.  I ended up purchasing the light version because while I have normal/combination skin, my tee-zone becomes pretty oily in the summer.  I pour a little of the clear lotion on my hands and then splash it on my face.  It feels light and soothing.  It does moisturize my skin and it feels just right during the hot summer months.  I generally use this at night or on days when I won't be wearing a lot of makeup.

As for the milky lotion, I am not a big fan.  It leaves my skin feeling oily and sticky.  That may be because I don't really need the extra moisture in the summer.  Maybe it will be better in the winter when my skin is much drier.  I have been applying a thin layer over the liquid lotion.

What I do like about both products is that they are unscented.  A lot of Asian beauty products are heavily scented compared to the products I regularly use.  I paid $14 for the original lotion and $18 for the milky lotion.  You can find these products at amazon.com and drugstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment